Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bunny Von Ludwig - Fairytale Portrait

i've been such a busy bee this weekend, coming up with new designs and all that good stuff, i've still got a few more to post to my shop, but just thought i'd whet your whistle with this debaucherous diva, Bunny Von Ludwig! i'll post the others later...hope everyone is having a sweet & sunny sunday, full of pancakes & pajamas ♥

available in my etsy shop♥

This is an 8x10 antique portrait of Bunny Von Ludwig, Austrian Duchess of the royal Von Ludwig family from the late 1700's. It was found deep within the bowels of the Von Ludwig Castle, located on the foothills of the Bohemian Forest...a family steeped in mystery, tragedy, and scandal. Although this is a rather innocent portraiture of Bunny, with her soft, silky ears fixed just so and her demure, coquettish smile, there was a darker, more primitive, seamier side, to this deceiptively sweet, girlish ingenue...a side that earned her the nickname "the duchess of debauchery"...a hedonistic harlot filled with insatiable desires, desires of a not so innocent nature shall we say...is that feathery fan that she's holding merely a fan...or some other type of pleasure device? Only Bunny knows...tickles anyone?

14 comments:

mendytexas said...

Oh my gosh...this is just precious! You know how to dress her up for the season! HOW cute!
:)mendy

dollface design said...

thank you mendy!!! ♥
xoxo
layla

What is Wrong With Me 2 said...

I absolutely LOVE this! another beautiful work of art dollface-- excellent! :)

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

That is great! love the 'story' with it too!!!

Dianne said...

I keep thinking - "oh you naughty bunny" LOL

I was browsing the shop and love, love, love the sophisticated bunnies - the 2 dressed in chic suits, of course I forget the title as soon as I get here.

I think I've just come up with an idea for a few Easter gifts!

dollface design said...

you guys are awesome ♥ thank you so much!!!
xoxo
layla

Sandra Evertson said...

Rally, really Love this and every one of your pieces!
Sandra Evertson

dollface design said...

thank you sandra!!! i appreciate it, your artwork is amazing! ♥
xoxo
layla

Sandra Evertson said...

P.S.
Forgot to ask, I'd love to add your wonderful site to my Creative Places list on my blog, hope it's ok with you!
Thanks
Sandra Evertson

dollface design said...

good morning sandra! ♥
of course i don't mind if you list my blog on your creative places list, i'd be absolutely thrilled! thanks a bunch, off to add your link, have a wonderful wednesday...
xoxo
layla

kecia deveney said...

I just wanted to thank you again for helping out with the muppie picture! congrats on all your success and being in somerset! can't wait to meet you in person soon,
kecia

dollface design said...

thank you so much kecia ♥ it was absolutely my pleasure to help out, i'd do it again a thousand times over :D can't wait till artfest, so i can drool over all of your fabulous creations in person!!!
xoxo
layla

altar said...

Just loved your works! they seeme to me like little precious jewels!

Mike said...

As always you do amazing art.