Friday, February 1, 2008

Best Bunnies - Surreal Vintage Paper Collage


This is my first ever, honest to goodness, blog post, eek, it's a bit scary...I've always been a little intimidated about blogging, but I decided to finally just jump in and give it go. It's strange, I almost feel a bit self-conscious...it's almost like hearing your voice recorded on someone else's voice mail and being like "uggh, i hate how I sound!" So bear with me as I find my blog legs (they're kind of like sea legs you know)...
Here's a quick peek at my newest etsy listing "Best Bunnies"
A surreal, anthropomorphic collage featuring two very stylish bunnies, Rab & Tab...both small, both fluffy....collage is printed on an antique ledger page from the late 1800's. Front of the print features the collage, while the back of the print features a handwritten recipe for Mrs. Kettell's ice-cream, yum!...surely Rab & Tab's favorite, besides carrots of course!

This piece is part of my vintage paper series, experimental printing on a variety of old and delicate substrates, including antique ledger paper, antique receipts, and antique book pages, pretty much anything old and printable....printing directly onto these scavenged bits of paper really gives the piece a beautifully muted palette and a true sense of authenticity. You can check out other works from this series in my shop.

Several pieces from this series will also be featured on Poppytalk Handmade's spring market showcase, yay!!! http://www.poppytalkhandmade.com/ Poppytalk Handmade is like a virtual online indie craft fair, full of gorgeous creations from artists all over the globe, so I'm super excited to be part of such an amazingly talented group...thanks poppytalk! Showcase begins February 11th and runs until March 8th....more info. on that soon, so stay tuned!

p.s. sheesh! for someone who has just written her first post, I can certainly ramble, can't I! My apologies to my one reader...(hi mom!)

2 comments:

amy said...

I know exactly how you feel about your first blog attempts...it's kinda nerve racking to put yourself out there like that, i have to remind myself to BE myself.
Fabulous start!

lostintheforest said...

Just found you through the etsy blog thread on the forums....You're making a good start with your blogging legs! Nice read :)
I've linked you in my blog so I can check back
x