Sunday, March 16, 2008




available in my etsy shop♥

i've been such a busy bee all weekend, staying up to the wee hours of the morn, collaging my little brains out, working my nimble fingers to the bone, so i could add some new things to the shop. spring is coming and i wanted to add some easy, breezy pieces to honor all the good things spring will bring ♥

This is a 9x12 inch original mixed media collage created upon 140 lb. cold pressed watercolor paper. Created in shades of creamy vanilla, antique lace, snowy white, and wispy pink this collage has a very soft, dream-like quality to it. It features a delightfully dainty, frolicking fawn, dancing and prancing through the woods while the pussywillows sway in the breeze. The fawn is a block print that was hand carved by moi and printed upon an antique piece of pale pink wallpaper. There's also lots of snips and scraps of sepia toned antique papers, including vintage book pages, an antique ledger page from 1871, and snippets from an antique french to english dictionary, giving this piece loads of texture and dimension. The edges are also frayed and tattered and a bit asymetrical, giving a wonderfully organic feel.

hope everyone's had a restful weekend full of crafty goodness!
nighty night my peeps!

6 comments:

JBMolina said...

Another beauty!
We are going to be in Anahata's class together... Funky Wallpaper people. I tried to get Symbolic Icons, but missed out. :(

But I am SO looking forward to this class! And now I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Another Defending Your Life fan! I'm the same as you, I thought no one else had ever heard of it! I love Meryl Streep in that movie.

dollface design said...

yay, we have a class together, so fun, i can't wait!!! :D it's going to be awesome, need to stop procrastinating and get to makin' some trades!
xoxo
layla

Sarah said...

oh nice! There's something peaceful about this image yet...as usual fun and vintage looking!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/

dollface design said...

thank you so much sarah!!!

xoxxo
layla

carolina bleu said...

love love love this

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

I saw this on someone's site recently (they did have a link to your blog) and I just thought it was darling. I love it!