Sunday, March 2, 2008

THE LEGEND OF SILVER THROAT


THE LEGEND OF SILVER THROAT
Originally uploaded by ms_mod
available today in my etsy shop♥

8x10 collage featuring the artist otherwise known as "Silver Throat". Silver Throat is a legend around these parts, and one can often spot her ghost wandering through the hills at night, by the light of the silvery moon, a shimmery wood sylph, strumming her guitar, yodeling a haunting melody...legend has it that she will entrance you with her sweet siren song, cursing you into an eternal hell that will only allow you to communicate by quoting the Sound of Music. So beware, as you're frolicking through the hills at night, by the light of the silvery moon....the hills are alive with the sound of...SILVER THROAT!

15 comments:

AshleyL. said...

oh my you have been quite busy! look at all of your pretty new prints! they look great! i'll be stopping by your shop soon! keep up the great work! i'll have to feature you and your work again soon! :)

dollface design said...

hi ashley!
thanks for stopping by ♥ love all those gorgeous flower pics you have on your blog right now, so springy and pretty ♥ beautiful work!
xoxo
layla

Dede Warren said...

Layla, I've looked through your past posts but must have missed seeing anything about Mendy's charm swap. I just wanted to thank you for the BeaUtiFul charm you created and sent me. I just lOVE it!
You're artwork is fabulous and it's no wonder you have such success with it.
All the best to you, and thanks again,
Dede

mendytexas said...

Once again...you are truly amazing! What fun work!! :)mendy

dollface design said...

thank you so much dede, i just visited your lovely blog and sent a bunch of love your way ♥ and thank you mendy, glad you like ol' silver throat :D
xoxo
layla

DeBRiNa PRaTT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeBRiNa PRaTT said...

opps, had to erase my last message due to typos! Anyhow, you rock and then rock some more and more!!! HeHe..always feeding my spirt with you art!

dollface design said...

thank you debrina!!! ♥
xoxo
layla

Unknown said...

I love this legend! Nice tale to tell the local kids, huh?

Your work is just fantastic and so much fun!

Marisa

dollface design said...

thank you so much marisa!!!

layla

~dani~ said...

Stopping by to say hi! I finally framed the three pieces from you. I painted and embellished frames (will post on Flickr hopefully by Monday) just for your pieces. They came out so sharp. No boring frames here!! Can't wait to show you. I LOVE THEM! I wake up everyday and see them.. BELOVED-SACRED-LUST! xoxo's

dollface design said...

yay dani!!!! i can't wait to see the gorgeous frames you created, please please post the pics on flickr so i can check them out and let me know when you do, i'm dying to see them! hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

xoxo
layla

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

So sweet..sort of scarey to..I like that!

dollface design said...

thank you delilah!!!

xoxo
layla

Claire Mojher said...

This makes me happy :)