Sunday, February 17, 2008

Livin' On A Prayer


Livin' On A Prayer
Originally uploaded by ms_mod


title of this piece is a nod to my former junior high crush, jon bon jovi, and although livin' on a prayer was not my favorite bon jovi song, it seemed an appropriate fit for this collage. collage print created with a bevy of antique papers and featuring a rather beatific image of the virgin mary, surely dreaming of her favorite rockstar, floating ethereally above a hand written prayer that reads...

"My father hear my prayer before I go to rest, It is thy little child that cometh to be blessed, Forgive me all my sins and let me sleep this night, In safety and in peace, Until the morning light"...

good night & sweet dreams bloggy friends!

layla

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hello! i just saw you on the front page of etsy! so exciting! congratulations...

dollface design said...

thank you so much!!!! i appreciate you letting me know ♥ i guess i missed it, must have been very early this morning and i'm a bit of an anti-early bird ;D oh well, thanks a bunch, you're awesome! have a great day!
xoxox
layla

Unknown said...

Please check out my blog and see my shout out to YOU! Also, bought a print on ETSY - can't wait until it comes!

dollface design said...

tiaraco, you're a sweet treat!!! thank you so much for your purchase and your shout out, you're AWESOME!!!

layla

Anonymous said...

Jon Bon Jovi was my high school crush too. This is a wonderful piece. I love her pink cheeks. Beauteous.

dollface design said...

thanks so much amy h!!! who didn't love jon bon jovi as a teen in the 80's? come on, that hair!!! need i say more? glad you like the rosy cheeks, they were a final touch that i'm glad i added, thank you so much for visiting, stop by again!

layla